Sri Lanka is considered to be a destination which can be visited all – round the year. The specialty of the weather of Sri Lanka is that it has two monsoon seasons and this is the reason there has always been immense confusion among the visitors about the best time to visit the country.
Weather Guide and When to Visit
- During the month of January to March, the time is just great to travel throughout the country. The sunshine is great in these times and is generally dry during these months. The temperature is warm and cozy, but it becomes cold as you go up in the hills. The south and the west coast beaches are hot, dry and sunny during this period.
- April is the hottest month in Sri Lanka, especially in the central regions. This is the perfect time to go to the beaches when the skies are clear and dry. It is recommended to avoid sightseeing in the month of April during the hottest hours of the day that is from 11 am to 3 pm.
- The month of May and June experiences monsoon season only in the southern and western part the country. This monsoon is the gentler of the two with short and sharp showers that pass quickly.
- The months of July to September experiences inter monsoon and this weather is absolutely great at this time. This is the perfect time to travel in the country.
- The months of October and November experiences monsoon in the northern and the eastern part and is heavier than the other. The weather is very unpredictable at this time.
- The month of December is ideal for traveling. The weather is dry after the monsoons, and it makes the landscapes appear lush green which is just great to watch.
If you are planning a vacation, you should definitely try out Sri Lanka. For getting more information, you can take help from https://visit-sri-lanka.net/ and plan accordingly.